Friday 28 September 2007

New Documents and Folders

Having got the view document content working, I then completed the Import new document functionality and then also worked on the create new folder functionality. Both of these are now working.

Looking through our code, I can see that we have really been taking the term 'rapid' development to a new level. There isn't half as much code reuse as I would like to see and we haven't really got the time to refactor as we should.

I have noticed that the amount of code required to implement a piece of functionality using the DFS is quite a bit bigger that the equivalent amount of code using the old DFCs. I guess this was to be expected. I imagine in the future we will wrap most of the common DFS code into convience methods to make development easier.

Final thoughts... interesting.

No comments: